Le ciné de l'Alliance - APRIL SCREENING
L’Alliance fait son cinéma !
Join us one Wednesday a month to watch a French-Speaking movie with us ! You will then have the occasion to discuss the movie and the subjects related with the volunteers. .
* * * APRIL SCREENING - Les Invisibles * * * Comedy-Drama
After a municipal decision, a shelter for homeless women, ‘l’Envol’, is about to close. With only three months to reintegrate the women they care for, the social workers do everything they can: pulling-strings, bending the truth, and even outright lies... From now on, everything goes!
Suite à une décision municipale, l’Envol, centre d’accueil pour femmes SDF, va fermer. Il ne reste plus que trois mois aux travailleuses sociales pour réinsérer coûte que coûte les femmes dont elles s’occupent : falsifications, pistons, mensonges… Désormais, tout est permis !
Themes: Solidarity, Discrimination, Society
* * * WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW * * *
- Date : Wednesday, May 30
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Duration: 2h of screening + discussion time for the volunteers
- Language : The movie will be in French with English subtitles. Discussion time will be both in French and English depending on what each person is most comfortable with ! We encourage exchanges of any kind.
- Fee: Donation-based event : you can pay what you want ! Scroll down for Donation form. You can enter any amount ($0 to $1,000,000 !)
- Registration: at least 48 hours prior to the event (depending on the number of places left)
* * * HYBRID EVENT : HOW DOES IT WORK ? * * *
You can either attend in-person at the AF Center City Location or ONLINE through a zoom link we will be providing. Our hybrid installation allow all participants to join the discussion, whether they choose to attend online or in-person.
- We will limit the in-person group size to 20
- Please indicate your choice of attendance in the Donation form below. (If you do not wish to make a donation, you can enter the 0 value. You will receive a $0 dollar invoice as an administrative formality.)
* * * HEALTH & SAFETY * * *
We would like to remind you the following in-person events’ étiquette :
- Covid proof of vaccination required
- Mask required during this event