Le ciné de l'Alliance - DECEMBER screening #2
L’Alliance fait son cinéma !
Join us one Wednesday a month to watch a French-Speaking movie with us ! You will then have the occasion to discuss the movie and the
subjects related with the volunteers.
* * * FEBRUARY SCREENING - Petit pays de Eric Barbier * * *
ADAPTED FROM THE BOOK OF GAËL FAYE
Dans les années 1990, un petit garçon de 10 ans, Gabriel, vit au Burundi avec son père, un entrepreneur français, sa mère rwandaise et sa petite sœur. Il passe son temps à faire les quatre cents coups avec ses copains de classe jusqu’à ce que la guerre civile éclate mettant fin à l’innocence de son enfance.
Gabriel, aged 10, lives in a comfortable ex-pat neighborhood in Burundi, his “small country”. Gabriel is a normal kid, happy, carefree
and having adventures with his friends and little sister. Then in 1993 tensions in neighboring Rwanda spill over, threatening his family
and his innocence..
* * * WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW * * *
- Date : Wednesday February 16
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Duration: 2h of screening + discussion time for the volunteers
- Language : The movie will be in French with English subtitles. Discussion time will be both in French and English depending on what each person is most comfortable with ! We encourage exchanges of any kind.
- Fee: Donation-based event : you can pay what you want ! Scroll down for Donation form. You can enter any amount ($0 to $1,000,000 !)
- Registration: at least 48 hours prior to the event (depending on the number of places left)
* * * HYBRID EVENT : HOW DOES IT WORK ? * * *
You can either attend in-person at the AF Center City Location or ONLINE through a zoom link we will be providing. Our hybrid installation allow all participants to join the discussion, whether they choose to attend online or in-person.
- We will limit the in-person group size to 20
Please indicate your choice of attendance in the Donation form below. (If you do not wish to make a donation, you can enter the 0
value. You will receive a $0 dollar invoice as an administrative formality.)
* * * HEALTH & SAFETY * * *
We would like to remind you the following in-person events’ étiquette :
- Covid proof of vaccination required
- Mask required during this event