The regular classes will be held on Saturday mornings.
Download the registration form here
Register your child for our Saturday classes!
In class, the younger children (5-6 years old) will participate in various activities such as crafts, stories, French songs, music, and will also learn to introduce themselves, and follow directions.
The focus, for the older groups (7-10 years old) is on conversation, while teaching students to read and write in French.
Grouped by level and age, students actively learn how to communicate in French and participate in creative projects designed to integrate their interests into the curriculum.
For those who need more convincing that French Classes for Children are a worthwhile investment...
Beginners 5-6 years 11:50-12:50
Beginners 10-14 years 10:40-11h40
Beginners 7-10 years 1pm-2pm
Beginners 10-14 years 1pm - 2pm
Basic 5-6 years 10:40-11:40
Basic 7-10 years 11:50-12:50
Basic 14-17 years 12:00-13h00
Intermediate 10-14 years 9:30-10:30
|Intermediate 7-10 years 9:30-10:30
- Children's classes : $160 for 10 weeks,
- Private lessons : $225 for 5 hours.
"Learning a second language at an early age...
- Has a positive effect on intellectual growth.
- Enriches and enhances a child's mental development.
- Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening.
- Improves a child's understanding of his/her native language.
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people s/he would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Gives a student a head start in language requirements for college.
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset."
Check out some more articles on the importance of learning a second language in childhood:
Tips for Adulthood: Five Facts about Bilingualism
L.A. Times article on the value of bilingualism
Here are a few photos of our classes in Center City :